Next Steps, What's Included, Ownership
What's Included and what's the next steps ?
If you would like to progress your enquiry further please complete our contact form and send it to us alternatively call the office on 01761 239338.
After discussion and if your situation is suitable to own a trained dog we will invite you along to view potential candidates for your situation. Suitability really depends on you telling us any relevant information about your circumstances. Things we would consider (and this list isn't exhaustive)
- Family make up
- Threat level
- Physical ability to maintain a dog's welfare
- Property size (We have a company policy that we won't sell dogs to homes that are flats on the first floor or above)
The above list is a few examples of things that help us come up with suggested candidates. We reserve the right at all times to say that we are not happy to allow a dog to leave us
Protection Dog (Entry Level)
What's included with your purchase price at this level ?
- A German Shepherd Dog typically aged between 12 months and 2 years whose training has been: On lead obedience, knows the positions of sit and down, Has been trained in personal protection with a vocally activated bark on command when aggression is present, In this situation a bite, hold and release on command (On Lead).
- This level the dog's are crate trained for ease of integration into your home
- The dog will be supplied with tactical lead, two collars, toy, transition crate, 20kg of dog food if fed dry food.
- One day training at our training centre
- Help and support on training issues within the level you have purchased (enhancement training is not included beyond the level purchased how ever is available through one to one training accessed through Tier 5 Patreon membership outside of purchase price)
- At this level you will receive a vaccination record and we guarantee health through our contract of sale (see details and exclusions)
- This level of dog is not "home tested"
Price range within this level is £8000 to £18000 plus vat
Elite Level Protection Dog (Intermediate Level)
This is our most popular level of trained dog two thirds of all dogs sold fall within this category
What's Included with your purchase price at this level ?
- A German Shepherd Dog , Typically aged between two and three years whose training has been: On lead obedience, Knows the positions of sit and down, Off lead obedience with static behaviour in the down positions at the start of this level 10 mins at the end of this level 20 mins, Down from a distance as an emergency stop, solid recall off lead. Vocal watch of a threat on command , Bite and hold on lead and release on command, Bite and hold off lead and release on command
- Crate trained for ease of integration into a new home
- House trained
- Home tested the details of this are your dog will spend its last period of time prior to leaving us living within our family home. At this level we test for reactivity to hoovers, washing machines, kettles , tumble driers, Televisions, ride on lawn mowers , leaf blowers, Heavy city traffic walking, Livestock checked to ensure they are not overtly reactive, Even down to a rowdy game of Monopoly on a Friday evening
- At this level pet vaccination record and we guarantee health within our contract of sale (see details and exclusions)
- Help and support on training issues within the trained structure of the dog purchased
- Enhancement training is not covered but available through one to one or patreon tier 5 membership
- One day training at our training centre
- Transition crate, dog bed, tactical lead, collars x 2, toy, 20kg of dry food if fed dry
Price range within this level is £19500 to £30000 plus vat
High Threat Environment Dogs (HTE)
This level represents the highest level of trained dog we supply, designed to go to multiple occupancy situations E.G. Two principles, children, housekeeper, nanny, gardener/s , estate manager etc
What's Included in the price at this level ?
- German shepherd dog typically aged between two and three years of age who has been trained to be multi handled has on lead obedience knows the positions of sit and down, Has competition level obedience off lead walking to hip, positions of the sit and down, static down for 20 minutes (in sight) , Down from a distance, Vocal watch on command, Bite and hold on lead with release on command, Bite and hold off lead with release on command, Enhanced fight drive for multiple intruder situations,
- Crate trained for ease of integration
- House trained and home tested to the standard detailed in Elite level. Essentially your dog lives within our family home around our family prior to coming to you it is closely observed in lots of family situations and observed around many noisy appliances and stimuli (including our children) to establish suitability
- Tactical lead, collars x2 , toy bed, transition crate, 20kg dry dog food
- At this level we supply pet vaccination record and guarantee health through our contract of sale (see details and exclusions)
- Help and support on any training issues within the level purchased
- Enhancement training is included in the purchase price and available by one to one or patreon mentorship Tier 5
- One day training at our training centre
Price range within this level is £32500 to £75000 plus vat
Please note that we do supply our dogs to clients internationally but this is restricted to the Elite and High Threat Environment trained dogs. If you are overseas and require a highly trained protection dog please contact us and discuss the bespoke process
With any level of trained dog from K9Protector we screen by of radiograph here in the UK or in the country of origin for hip and elbow dysplasia. Those radiographs are then screened by veterinarians to assess suitability and workability. All of our dogs welfare are monitored closely after all happy healthy dogs train well.
As previously mentioned through discussion be that email or over the phone we will ask you a lot of questions to try and establish suitable candidates for clients. In real terms the higher up our training structure you go the deeper the training is conditioned and therefore that correlates to higher levels of control for you as a customer. That being said once a dog leaves us to a new home the responsibility then becomes yours to maintain balance, control and welfare. We provide detailed advice on handover training and backed up through useful information packs in the form of the "Transition guide to Home". We provide life long support and advice by phone call , email , one to one training if required and our on line learning mentorship www.patreon.com/k9protector . Apart from the moral responsibility to maintain your dogs welfare, part of that welfare is maintaining control through obedience. It would be fair to say that if you don't practice the levels of control imparted to you on your handover training day there will be a dilution in control levels. This dilution rarely affects the protection training (but could ) it would be more likely on your obedience which in turn would lead to problematic behaviour like reactivity or learnt behaviour. Illustrations of how dilution occurs would be using multiple commands for a dog to carry out one action, Playing frequent ball games where there is no control kept, ball interest can become obsessive and problematic, not correcting unwanted behaviour, allowing overclaiming of the person or the home without correction. That being said those clients that invest their time training with their dog and certainly within the first 12 months of ownership enjoy an obedient dog for the rest of the dog's life and that investment can be as little as 10 to 15 minutes each day and as you have to exercise your dog each day why not spend that time maintaining that essential control.
At K9Protector we remain always committed to the welfare and ongoing training of our dogs and client's and readily have clients visit for "training days" so they can keep their handling skills toned.
If you would like a detailed synopsis of training details of the dog your interested in purchasing please do not hesitate to ask
Sorry, there are no protection dogs in this category.